Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I want personal growth or human potential to be wholistic and practical. So when I think of the basic self in terms of Mind, Body, and Spirit, I want to have some exercise for each area of the basic self. I want to strengthen the body, sharpen the mind and open the spirit. And I want to have something to do for each area, and then integrate it all into one program for action.

Another part of our experience of life is what I call the outer self: that is the world you live in, the people in your life, including finally everyone, and whatever your relationship is with spirit as you experience it being beyond yourself. Like the physical body, the mental mind, and the spirit, the outer self could be divided into the world/earth/universe, community, and God.

No comments:

Post a Comment